If you’re a Google search engine marketing professional, then you already know how important it is to have an optimized website. However, if you aren’t familiar with the term “core web vitals” or its importance in SEO, then this article is for you! If you’re wondering “What are Core Web Vitals?”, then read on to find out how they could be affecting your SEO.
The core web vitals (CWV) are an excellent way to assess your website’s overall health and performance. A high CWV score indicates that your site has all of the elements necessary for optimal SEO performance. On the other hand, a low score might indicate that there are some missing pieces from your digital presence strategy.
READ: What is SEO?
What are Core Web Vitals?
The term “core web vitals” refers to a set of metrics that Google uses to measure the quality of a website. These are page speed (or load time), mobile responsiveness and site search.
Each of these categories has different criteria Google looks at when determining how well your site meets their ranking guidelines. For example, if you want to rank well in Google’s search results, then you need an optimized website with fast load times that works well on all types of devices (phones, tablets and desktop).
Top 7 Core Web Vitals to Focus on for SEO
In order to have a successful website, it is important that you focus on these 7 core web vitals.
- Content Quality – Make sure there are no grammatical errors, broken links or images and that the content is informative and relevant to your target audience.
- Page Experience – Ensure the site loads quickly and users can find what they need easily by creating clear navigation. Use a sitemap to help search engines crawl all pages of your site more efficiently.
- Page Speed – Ensure pages load faster than 3 seconds by removing unnecessary files from a page’s source code or optimizing images with tools like TinyPNG or GIMP. You can also use a CDN (Content Delivery Network) service such as Cloudflare.
- Mobile Friendliness – Ensure the site is mobile-friendly and compatible with the latest versions of all major browsers.
- Proper use of Schema.org Markup – Schema.org markup is a way for search engines to understand your website better and serve relevant results for specific queries. It is especially important for eCommerce sites since the product pages are what users see when they visit your site.
- Proper use of HTTPS – By enabling HTTPS on your website, you can help search engines better understand the site’s content and provide more accurate results. HTTPS is especially important for eCommerce sites since Google considers it a ranking signal.
- Proper use of Redirects – By properly redirecting outdated URLs to the newer ones, you can ensure that search engines will be able to crawl your website more efficiently.
Core Web Vitals and Page Experience Are Important for SEO
Core Web Vitals can be a great tool to use when you’re trying to improve your overall SEO strategy. The main goal of Core Web Vitals is to help you determine how well your website is performing, as well as its quality. If you have an excellent core web vital score, Google will give your website higher rankings than websites that don’t perform well in these areas.
Core Web Vitals are also used by Google to determine the quality of a site’s content and design. If it doesn’t meet their standards, then your site won’t achieve high rankings on search engines like Google or Bing!
Google’s Take on Core Web Vitals
Google’s take on Core Web Vitals is simple: to rank well in their search results, a site needs to be fast, secure and reliable. But it doesn’t stop there—Google also wants to see sites that are easy to use (and mobile friendly), as well as those that have good user experience.
How to Jump Start Your CWV Score
The first step to improving your CWV score is by focusing on the three key areas: page speed, load time, and page size. It’s important to note that there are multiple ways to test these metrics, but we suggest using Google’s Lighthouse tool for the most accurate results.
Your goal should be to achieve an 80/100 or above on all three categories of the Lighthouse report. If you are unable to achieve a passing grade in any category (or all three), it may be time to bring in outside help from an agency or consultant who can assist with making changes within your site’s codebase.
Also keep in mind that even if you aren’t trying out some of these tools right now, they’re still beneficial as they will give insight into what needs improvement within your website!
The core web vitals are a great tool that you can use to improve your overall SEO strategy. They are important for search engine optimization, and they can help you gain a better understanding of how people interact with your website. When used correctly, core web vitals can help you improve your search engine ranking and increase your website traffic.
As you’ve seen, there are many ways to measure your website’s health. Some metrics are more important than others, and you’ll want to focus on the ones that matter most to your business. Don’t try to track everything — just the most relevant metrics for your site. The core web vitals provide a complete picture of how well your site is performing and help you identify areas where improvements can be made.