There are a lot of important factors to consider when building a website. There are definitely a lot of do’s and don’ts of website design and SEO. How the website looks is one factor, but traffic and SEO are also important considerations. There are a lot of do’s and don’ts when it comes to website design and SEO, and if you’re not familiar with them, you could end up harming your website’s traffic and search engine rankings. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the most important do’s and don’ts of website design and SEO.
2. The Don’ts of Website Design
The Do’s of Website Design
Your website is often the first interaction that potential customers have with your business. It’s important to make a good impression! Here are some guidelines for designing a website that will engage and convert your visitors into customers.
1. Do use whitespace to create a clean and uncluttered look.
2. Do use high-quality images that are relevant to your brand.
3. Do use clear and concise text that is easy to read.
4. Do use calls-to-action to guide your visitors to the next step.
5. Do use a responsive design that looks good on all devices.
The Don’ts of Website Design
1. Don’t use a website builder – Website builders are great for personal sites or small businesses that don’t need much customization. However, if you want a website that looks unique and functions well, you need to hire a professional web designer.
2. Don’t use a free theme – Free themes are often poorly coded and can be full of security vulnerabilities. If you want a professional-looking website, you should invest in a premium theme.
3. Don’t use generic stock photos – Generic stock photos scream “unprofessional” and can make your website appear amateurish
The Do’s of SEO
SEO can be tricky and seem ever-changing, but some basics always remain the same. If you want your website or blog to rank higher in search engine results pages, you need to focus on a few key things:
1. Do your research. Before you start optimizing your site, it’s important to know which keywords you want to target. Use keyword research tools like Google AdWords Keyword Planner and semrush.com to find out which terms are most searched for in your industry.
2. Create high-quality content. Once you know which keywords to target, heavily research your topic and write quality articles. Doing this will naturally help you collect more search engine traffic as well.
The Don’ts of SEO
There are a lot of things that can hurt your SEO rankings, and some of them are things that you might not even be aware of. Here are some of the biggest don’ts when it comes to SEO:
1. Don’t stuff keywords – This is an outdated tactic that will hurt your rankings more than it will help.
2. Don’t neglect mobile – More and more people are using their mobile devices to search the web, so you need to make sure that your site is mobile-friendly.
3. Don’t forget about voice search – With the rise of devices like Amazon’s Echo, more people are doing quality searches by voice. Google’s Voice Search isn’t limited to gadgets; you can use it in the Chrome web browser on your desktop or laptop as well. Add descriptive text so that your content gets picked up when someone does a voice search for your website.
Website design and SEO are two important aspects of a successful website. This article outlined the dos and don’ts of website design and SEO. Follow these tips to create a website that is both beautiful and effective. We can also do it for you! Check out our web design services & SEO services!