There’s no point in writing great blogs that nobody will ever read. Finding the right SEO keywords and making sure your SEO content creation is solid enough to get you ranked is essential. And those are just some of the tricks that can help make sure your blog has a fighting chance against all the other content on the internet.
How to: 7 Tips for Awesome SEO Content Creation
1. Know Your Audience
For effective SEO content creation, you have to know your audience. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s easy enough to lose sight of if you’re not careful.
Know what they want: Know what they want and how they want it delivered. If your customers are looking for information on how to build a deck in their backyard, do you give them an article about how to build a deck in general? Or would it be more helpful for them if you had an article about building decks that meet safety regulations?
Know how to speak with them: It’s important not just what message you are delivering; it’s also crucial that you deliver the right message at the right time. How can we do this? By using keywords and phrases specific enough that our audience can find us by searching online. Knowing your audience is crucial for effective SEO content creation.
2. Focus on a Specific Topic
When it comes to choosing a topic, you need to be specific. You can’t just say “I want my website to rank for keywords like ‘cooking’ or ‘home improvement’.” Instead, you should try narrowing down your focus further by using related words and phrases that are more specific. This will make it easier for you to breakdown your topic into more focused areas. This will in turn make it a lot easier for your SEO content creation.
For example, if I was a chef who specialized in making healthy meals for kids (but wanted something more unique than “healthy cooking”), I might target keywords like:
- kid-friendly recipes
- healthy kid-friendly recipes
- kid-friendly cooking classes
- healthy kid friendly cooking classes
3. Keyword Research is Crucial
Keyword research is crucial to SEO content creation. It’s the first step in creating a website that will attract the right people and convert them into customers. Keywords are the words people use when searching for something online, so they’re a good indication of what your potential audience needs or wants.
If you’re starting from scratch, you may need to do some keyword research before creating any content at all. If there’s already existing content on your site with similar keywords, it can be helpful to determine which keywords are generating more traffic than others by analyzing data from Google Analytics or other sources like SEMrush or Ahrefs.
4. Use SEO in Your Content Writing
SEO content creation is one of the first things you can do to improve your rankings and increase traffic. Here are some tips for using SEO effectively:
- Make sure that each piece of content you write contains keywords that people will be searching for. This doesn’t mean stuffing every word with long-tail phrases, but it does mean choosing the right words to use in relation to what you’re writing about. For example, if someone is writing an article on how they travel around a city by public transportation, they should make sure that their article uses terms like “public transportation,” “buses,” “trains,” etc., rather than just repeating generic terms like “transportation” or “cars.”
- Choose strong, relevant titles for your posts. Your title is one of the biggest factors in how Google ranks pages. So choose a title that reflects what readers will find interesting about your post and makes sense within the context of what’s being discussed in it—and try not to keyword stuff! An easy way to write compelling titles without worrying about keyword density is by asking yourself: What would someone search for if they wanted more information on this topic?
5. Optimize Your Content for Mobile Devices
If you’re not optimizing your content for mobile devices, you could be missing out on huge search engine rankings. The first step is to make sure that your content is short and simple. You should also use shorter sentences and paragraphs; this is easier for readers on smaller screens. This is important for good SEO content creation.
Secondly, consider using a font that is more readable on smaller devices: serif fonts are best (e.g., Times New Roman), while sans-serif fonts like Arial or Verdana can be harder to read in small doses. Keep your web design clean by avoiding overly decorative fonts and images—they can easily become blurry when viewed through a small screen!
6. Write With Scannability In Mind
- Use headlines and sub-headlines to draw in your readers.
- Write in short sentences that are easy for people to read.
- Use lists (like this one) for easier scanning. They also help search engines find what you’re talking about.
- Make use of white space—that means leaving lots of blank space on the page, and avoiding dense blocks of text where every word is jammed together. This makes it easier on the eyes and keeps readers from becoming overwhelmed by information overload when they look at your page or article.
- If you’re creating an article with a call to action (CTA), make sure it stands out so that visitors can find what they need quickly and easily, like a button or link in large typeface format near the top or bottom of your post/page/blog so readers don’t have to scroll down too far when making their decision. This is as much to do with good UX design but also with great SEO content creation.
7. Reuse and Repurpose Existing Content as Much as Possible
Reusing and repurposing existing content is a great way to save time, money, and reach new audiences. Reusing content can help you:
- Save time. If you have a blog post that is generating a lot of traffic, why not reuse it? You already did the research and writing!
- Save money. Creating new content every month can get expensive fast if you’re paying for original images or videos (which are often needed to make sure that your blog posts look professional). By reusing older pieces of content, you will be able to save on these costs while still creating engaging blog posts or landing pages that bring in readers at an affordable cost per click (CPC).
- Reach new audiences. You may come across people who discover your old blog posts after they’ve been published—either through search engines or social media shares—and this could lead them back to one of your newer articles as well!
Content is king. Content is the key to attracting customers, building trust, building a community and helping you make more money.
In fact, according to a recent study by Moz*, 67 percent of consumers say they would pay more for products from companies that produce high-quality content around their industry or topic. The same study revealed that companies with blogs have a 13 percent higher conversion rate than those without blogs.
In short: good SEO content creation is good for business!
Hopefully you found these tips helpful. The key takeaway is that SEO and content creation go hand in hand. Generating content without considering SEO may lead to wasted effort, while optimizing for a keyword or term can make it easier for your audience to find your content.